- Avoid travelling alone and if possible take local friends along with you while roaming on the streets, especially at night.
- It is advisable to avoid unnecessary exposure of valuable and expensive items in crowded areas. Do not carry valuable items like cameras, branded watches, credit cards and try to dress like a local Brazilian.
- At night it is not wise to travel in public transportation, a safer option is to call a taxi, and areas like subway stations should be avoided.
- Do not leave any luggage unattended in a crowded area and/or famous tourist areas.
- For security reasons, it is good to take out money from ATM machines that are placed inside buildings, banks or shopping centres.
- Try to keep a distance and be aware of gang warfare, favelas, pickpockets and bag snatchers.
- It is always safer to visit city centers and famous tourist attractions in the daytime and dangerous areas should be avoided at night.
|Hospital de Ipanema||21 3111-2334|
|Hospital Copa D'Or||21 2545-3600|
|Good morning||Bom dia|
|Good evening||Boa noite|
|Good night.||Boa noite.|
|Excuse me||Com licença|
|What is your name?||Qual é o seu nome?|
|My name is...||Meu nome é ...|
|Can you help me?||Você pode me ajudar?|
|Can you speak more slowly?||Pode falar mais devagar?|
|Do you speak English?||Você fala Inglês?|
|Does anyone here speak English?||Alguém aqui fala Inglês?|
|How are you?||Como vai você?|
|I'm fine.||Eu estou bem.|
|I don't understand.||Eu não entendo.|
|I am very glad to meet you.||Estou muito feliz em conhecê-lo.|