Credit: Flickr / USAID in Africa
Grab all your favourite bikinis and swimsuits when you pack your bags while heading for Rio. Style in Rio may be a bit different than what you are used to, but a few tips from us will surely make heads turn to you.
- Make sure you pack your gigantic shades and sunscreen as the sun is too hot around the areas.
- Throw in a few stylish outfits, like a slim-fit jeans and an embroidered camisole, to rock an evening meal or cocktails.
- Also take along you favourite summer dress, playsuits and tank-tops.
- Do keep all your designer wear at home, as the style is chick yet cheap.
- Bring on a lightweight but rainproof jacket or a portable umbrella for the occasional rains.
- Shoes-wise have some cute flat ballerinas or the current hot favourite the Ipanema sandals.
- Do not dress like you are going out for a safari, things to avoid are khaki shorts, sandals with socks, and enormous hats.
- The general dress code is casual but do not wear flip-flops or Havaianas to a chic restaurant.
- Do not wear tiny bikinis just for the heck, but you can go as small as you can comfortably pull off.
- Do not let your valuables be unattended, and while going for a swim on the beach keep your cameras at the hotel.